Friday, August 5, 2011

My dad thinks my hair is ugly, what can I do?

My dad always says comments on how he hates short hair and how it makes women look ugly. My mom cut her hair short and he said that she looked ugly and it didnt look right on her at all (they are divorced). I look ALOT like my mom. In a way He is saying I'm ugly. But its not just that. He says my hair looks ugly all the time. Because I shave the sides to have a mohawk, but I still have bangs and such.(even still, whenever I cut my hair any shorter than my shoulders, he thought it was ugly) A lot of people like my hair, I like my hair, but he doesnt. And I wear wigs and such to try and look less 'ugly', but then people just say I look like a tranny, and my dad just thinks I look stupid. So I dont know what to do anymore. I want to look pretty, i want to look like a girl, but I dont want to loose myself. I'm an artist and my hair is just another canvas. If I try to grow it out even, I feel im just trying to fill societies roll of whats beautiful. I tell myself I'm beautiful. But him being my dad, his opinion means quite a lot to me. I know he loves me, but I dont think he understands how much these little comments mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment