Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Help! My Uncle's Farm Cat had some Kittens two days ago?

Firstly.... AWWWWWWWWWEEESSS. Ok now that I got that out.. lol... It takes at least 8-10 days for kittens to open their eyes, I think mine started to open theirs around day 5 and they were fully opened by 2 weeks, and usually begin walking a bit by 2 weeks of age, mine started scooting and crawling like day 2, but they really began walking and playing by 3 weeks of age. It all depends on nature and how healthy and strong they are. The mother should let you touch the kittens right away if she's comfortable with you (the cat I had I got only a few weeks before giving birth and she wouldn't let me leave her side, I had to help her with the birthing process, and we did lose a kitten, so she let me pet and cuddle and hold them like as they were born). It all depends on her. As for genders, I could tell mine a few weeks after birth. MOSTLY all orange/white striped kittens are male, it's rare (so i've heard) for a female to be orange/white. Ive seen beige/white striped females though. And the marked one could be either. I know Calico are usually female (just like mentioned above situation), but as I said, you can never be 100% sure that way... Just do some reaserch on what the back ends look like, my kittens had prodominent testicles from what I could tell. Also compare them all... You may have all males. I know Males have more length between their butt and genitals then females. If you need any more info let me know. Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment